Some things to know:
· I believe that with God at the center of our practice, physical and emotional healing can occur. I use Bible Scriptures, prayer, movement, worship, and breath.
· Please arrive a few minutes early to give yourself time to settle in and meet everyone.
· Dress comfortably and modestly, and stay away from clothes that may restrict your breathing or range of motion.
· Either silence your cell phone or leave it in the car.
· Try not to eat a heavy meal prior to practice. If you need to eat something, choose foods that digests quickly and easily, like some fruit, nuts or a little yogurt. Trust me--practice on a full stomach is no fun.
· Please try to keep the practice area empty and clear. Leave shoes and all belongings to the side of the room.
· Although the door is always open, please do not disturb the class if it is in progress. You may step out, drink water, and make yourself comfortable, but not at the expense of others.
· Keep water brought into the practice area closed. No open containers.
· Please do not wear any perfume, perfumed body lotions or other strong scents to class, particularly synthetic scents. Pure essential oils may be allowed in moderation, but please be sensitive to the potential for allergies in your classmates and teacher.
· There are mats and other props and supplies available for use, but certainly bring your own as you like. If you are borrowing a mat, please remember to wipe it down when done.
· Use the Flip-Chips! You do not have to allow me to make hands-on adjustments. This system is provided to allow you to decline touch in each class. This is your practice, please be comfortable.
· Amputees are welcome in my classes. Please note that not all locations are wheelchair accessible, and some classes require students to be able to move from a chair to the floor with minimal assistance.
Registering for a class:
· Registering for in-person classes is not required. Come when you can - walk-ins are welcome. Please plan to complete a waiver at your first class.
· Registering is REQUIRED for online ZOOM classes. Registration closes 30 minutes prior to the start of class. Once I receive your payment through my website I will email you the Meeting ID and Password for class.
· Classes are usually organized into 6 week sessions. I am committed to providing individual attention and aim to create a strong sense of community, continuity and integrity in my work.
· Payments are non-transferable between sessions, locations, or students.
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns about any of these policies or procedures, please don't hesitate to contact me. I don’t want anyone to feel unsafe or threatened.
Finally, some common sense instruction: please make sure to communicate any health concerns to me prior to your first class, and take responsibility for communicating any additional problems that arise. Remember that you are in control of your experience and how you participate at all times.